Monday, April 29, 2013

The Ex is Back in Town

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by an ex-boyfriend of mine. We dated in high school, and it ended ugly. Very. Ugly. 

He sent me a facebook request, which took me by surprise. I knew he had moved back into my area and that he had married a woman from my graduating class.We both have two kids (a boy and a girl).  I didn't want a chance meeting with him even though it's been YEARS.

 I did not accept his request right away, but I did message him my condolences. I had heard that his brother had just recently passed away, and I could relate (I lost my brother as well). Then we found out that my daughter and his nephew were good friends, and his nephew always hung out at my house.

So now we're talking. It's kind of weird, and I'm not exactly sure what to expect. We had been best friends after all It's one of those "Let bygones be bygones" type deals when you realize that life is too short to hold bitterness inside. But to be completely honest - I still can't stand his mom. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home